“Undoubted masters of the courtroom who represent a superb marriage of talent and knowledge.” – Chambers
Since its founding, Bondurant Mixson & Elmore's sole focus has been to create timely, successful outcomes in high-stakes business disputes for both plaintiffs and defendants. Our record in this area is second to none.
We have learned that it takes a unique combination of talent and experience to represent clients in bet-the-company cases. Crucial factors include minimizing interruptions to business as usual, knowing how to staff cases, utilizing technology, and leveraging our reputation for success in the courtroom to work out favorable settlements for our clients.
Our lawyers chaired the committee that created Georgia’s Business Court and are regularly called upon to handle matters, try cases, and present on continuing judicial education topics for the Business Court.
- Obtained a $281 million jury verdict—the largest compensatory damage award in Georgia history—against Turner Broadcasting System for breaching an agreement to sell David McDavid the Atlanta Hawks, the Atlanta Thrashers and the operating rights to Philips Arena.
- Won a $454 million jury verdict—the largest in Georgia history—for plaintiffs Six Flags Over Georgia in a breach of fiduciary duty action against Time Warner Entertainment.
- Achieved a complete defendants' jury verdict on accounting fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and RICO claims arising out of a corporate merger, where the plaintiffs were seeking nearly $400 million in treble damages.
- Obtained a defense verdict for Wyle Laboratories that successfully defeated the plaintiff’s claim for $150 million in damages.
- Won a defense jury verdict on claims in which the plaintiff sought $120 million in damages for Box USA.
- Achieved a settlement exceeding $200 million in a contract dispute between our client, a leading transportation company, and a major supplier.
- Won a significant defense victory for Novelis Corporation in a contract dispute with the consortium representing all North American Coca-Cola bottlers.
- Representing a Fortune 50 home improvement retailer in dozens of cases on claims ranging from $50,000 to $150 million in federal and state courts in Georgia, California, Texas and Illinois.
- Successfully represented a major real estate developer with claims for tortious interference and unfair competition. The parties settled after answering written discovery and before undertaking significant document discovery.
- Represented one of the largest real estate developers in the United States in the withdrawal of a major regional partner from multiple partnerships, including successfully coordinating and concluding simultaneous litigation in multiple forums.
- May 14, 2019Chambers USA 2019
- February 5, 2019Law360
- August 2, 2018Fulton County Daily Report
- May 8, 2018Chambers USA 2018
- June 2012Chambers USA 2012
- September 25, 2013