Danny Vincent represents both plaintiffs and defendants in all aspects of civil litigation. In particular, she focuses on trial consulting and appellate services for complex plaintiffs’ personal injury cases. She also has extensive experience in business torts, commercial contracts, and healthcare. Prior to practicing law, Danny received her Master’s in Public Health and worked as a health policy analyst and advocate at the state and local level in Georgia.
Trial and Appellate Services
Early involvement in a case by appellate counsel can dramatically improve a case’s chances on appeal. In addition to her appellate work, Danny frequently serves as co-counsel at the trial level, assisting with trial strategy, expert witnesses, and legal issues such as complex and novel discovery issues, dispositive motions, jury charges, and evidentiary motions.
- Won affirmation of a $33 million jury verdict at the Georgia Court of Appeals and successfully defeated defendants’ petition for certiorari.
- Successfully represented sexual abuse survivors in the Georgia Supreme Court. The 8-0 ruling gives lawsuits alleging childhood sexual abuse by leaders of churches or other institutions a new path to the courtroom.
- Successfully represented two plaintiffs in companion wrongful death cases appealing dismissals involving complicated statute of repose issues. The Georgia Court of Appeals reversed the dismissal and Danny then defeated defendants’ petition for certiorari. Danny was hired by co-counsel to assist with the case back at the trial level.
- Successfully represented a plaintiff in a medical device product liability case before the Eleventh Circuit on a highly technical preemption issue. The Eleventh Circuit reversed the dismissal and set important precedent for pleading medical device cases. Danny was then hired by co-counsel to assist with a companion case still pending in the Northern District of Georgia.
- Served as co-counsel in a complex medical malpractice action. Danny was hired to handle a complicated privilege dispute, dispositive briefing, and trial assistance. The case was settled favorably prior to trial.
In addition, much of Danny’s time at the moment is spent advocating on behalf of children of opioid drug abusers in a lawsuit pending in Glynn County. Plaintiffs sued the distributors and pharmacies that unlawfully and recklessly distributed opioids into the community. She is looking forward to getting these families justice at trial in 2022.
- Defended the former employee of a commodities company in a trade secret case. The case was favorably settled before trial.
- Defended a privately held, national furniture company in a putative class action. Danny worked extensively with the scientific experts in this case to analyze data, produce expert reports, and prepare for depositions. The case was favorably settled prior to class certification.
- Successfully represented an international medical device distributor in obtaining compensation for damage at their facility.
- Danny also regularly defends law firms in professional malpractice actions. She has obtained summary judgment and appellate wins for her law firm clients.
Advisory Board, Health Law Partnership
Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
American Health Lawyers Association
- December 22, 2022Law360
- Authority Magazine interviewed Danny Vincent about the five things needed to stand out as a top attorneyDecember 18, 2022Authority Magazine
- September 30, 2022
- April 11, 2022
- January 6, 2021
- August 14, 2020
- August 14, 2020Atlanta Journal Constitution
- Bondurant Mixson & Elmore Representing Atlanta against Georgia Governor Brian Kemp in the COVID-19 Mask Mandate LawsuitJuly 24, 2020
Georgia State University College of Law, J.D., 2012, summa cum laude
Emory University, Master’s of Public Health, 2005, with Honors
University of California, Berkeley, B.A., 2002
Law Clerk, Judge Orinda D. Evans, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, 2012-2013
Executive Director, HealthSTAT, Inc.
- State Bar of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia