Robbie Ashe is a partner at Bondurant Mixson where he represents both plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal courts. He focuses on issues involving politics, governments and governmental authorities throughout Georgia, particularly the City of Atlanta, metro Atlanta governments and the Georgia General Assembly.
In 2010, Robbie was appointed by the City of Atlanta to serve on the Board of Directors for the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA). Robbie was elected by his colleagues to serve as the Chairman of the Board for 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and currently serves as the Immediate Past Chair.
Robbie’s government and political experience includes:
- Negotiating transfers of government assets worth tens of millions of dollars.
- Supervising teams of governmental finance experts and attorneys in the evaluation, negotiation and implementation of issues involving:
- government procurement codes, including procurement disputes;
- redevelopment issues, including condemnation, impact fees, and bonded indebtedness;
- issuance of commercial paper by local government enterprise funds;
- Georgia’s Open Records Act and Open Meetings Act;
- sales and property tax disputes, exemptions, and appeals; and
- government ethics and campaign finance issues.
- Planning and executing multi-year, public communications and advocacy campaigns resulting in multiple successful multi-billion dollar sales tax referenda.
- Negotiating consolidation of Atlanta’s court system.
- Advising the election and re-election campaigns of the three most recent Atlanta mayors, several members of the Atlanta City Council and the Atlanta Public School Board, and numerous Georgia General Assembly members.
- Defended Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms' victory throughout recount challenge.
Successfully defended a $250 million food and beverage concessions contract award through an administrative protest, an administrative appeal, and multiple rounds of litigation.
Won an extraordinary motion for a new trial on behalf of a bank seeking to enforce a guaranty.
Successfully represented commercial landlord in multi-day arbitration against tenant-in-possession regarding lease performance, including receiving attorneys’ fees.
Successfully represented both employers and former employees in employment covenant litigation, including enforcement and invalidation of non-competes and non-solicitation covenants.
Secured a confidential settlement representing TASER International, Inc. and 40 of its largest shareholders in a lawsuit against 8 Wall Street firms alleging RICO and securities violations arising out of the sale of securities.
Served as plaintiffs’ counsel in a class action breach of contract/RICO case against one of the nation’s largest shipping companies. The lawsuit alleged that the company intentionally overcharged its customers by imposing residential delivery charges for deliveries to non-residential addresses such as courthouses, government buildings and banks. The case was recently settled for $21.5 million.
Won trial defending an international hotel company against charges of theft of government property.
Former Chairman, Board of Directors, Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA)
Former Class Representative, Georgia State Law Alumni Council
Master, Bleckley Inn of Court
Elder, Central Presbyterian Church
Founder and Former Board Member, Red Clay Democrats
Former Advisory Committee Member, Atlanta Legal Aid Society
Former Board Member and Secretary, Woodward Academy Alumni Association
Former Board Chair, Central Presbyterian Outreach Advocacy Center
Honors and Awards
Marshall Memorial Fellow
Graduate, Leadership Atlanta
Georgia Super Lawyer, Atlanta Magazine, 2020
Georgia Rising Star, Atlanta Magazine, 2016-2019
Recognized as being "On The Rise" by the Fulton County Daily Report
Woodward Academy Distinguished Alumni Award: 2016
100 Most Influential Georgians 2018 and 2019, Georgia Trend
Atlanta’s Most Powerful Leaders 2019, Atlanta Magazine
- September 4, 2020
- August 14, 2020Atlanta Journal Constitution
- August 14, 2020
- Bondurant Mixson & Elmore Representing Atlanta against Georgia Governor Brian Kemp in the COVID-19 Mask Mandate LawsuitJuly 24, 2020
- Robbie Ashe Secures Unanimous Opinion in Georgia Supreme Court in Favor of the City of Atlanta in Annexation DisputeMarch 4, 2019Daily Report
- February 16, 2019Super Lawyers
- January 7, 2019GeorgiaTrend
- February 21, 2018
- January 3, 2018
- February 23, 2017
- February 21, 2017Super Lawyers
- September 20, 2016
- February 28, 2016Harvard Political Review
- February 19, 2016Super Lawyers
- October 2, 2015
- Robbie Ashe Selected by the Fulton County Daily Report as One of Forty Georgia Lawyers Under Forty Who are "On The Rise"August 21, 2014
- January 13, 2014Atlanta Journal-Constitution
- December 9, 2013
Georgia State University College of Law, J.D., 2009, summa cum laude
- Legislative Editor, Georgia State Law Review
- Board Member, Moot Court
- Bleckley Inn of Court Pupil
Dartmouth College, B.A., 1997, Honors, Presidential Scholar
Intergovernmental Affairs Manager, Mayor’s Office of the City of Atlanta
Law Clerk, Chief Justice Carol Hunstein, Georgia Supreme Court
Law Clerk, Chief Judge Anne Barnes, Georgia Court of Appeals
- State Bar of Georgia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals