Frank Lowrey’s practice focuses exclusively on complex litigation matters, including high-stakes business disputes, class actions, antitrust litigation and large-verdict appeals.
His experience includes the successful defense and prosecution of business tort cases, antitrust claims and consumer class actions in federal and state courts across the country. Frank recently served as lead counsel in a lawsuit brought by a group of residential construction contractors against their primary suppliers and competitor, obtaining over $112 million in settlements. He currently serves as lead counsel for the Hospital Authority of Albany-Dougherty County in a Federal Trade Commission challenge to the Authority’s acquisition of a local hospital.
In addition to trial court practice, Frank regularly appears in the state and federal appellate courts, typically to challenge or preserve the results obtained by other counsel. His appellate experience includes the reversal of a decision certifying a class action to pursue a claim for $110 million in statutory damages under the Federal Telephone Consumer Protection Act, the successful defense of Georgia’s 2005 Daubert statute against a variety of constitutional challenges, and the preservation of various multi-million dollar judgments in the state and federal courts. In recent cases, he has argued and won an 11th Circuit Appeal Upholding the Dismissal of Antitrust Claims Brought by the FTC in $195 Million Hospital Acquisition, and sustained a judgment in favor of all major on-line travel companies in a class action brought by a class of most Georgia cities and counties.
Frank serves on the board of the Georgia State Bar Antitrust Section, and is a frequent speaker at Association of Corporate Counsel, State Bar and ABA-sponsored antitrust, litigation and class action seminars. Frank has been recommended for his work in the antitrust and litigations fields by national services such as BTI Consulting, Chambers USA, Best Lawyers in America and Benchmark Litigation.
Frank also has extensive experience representing municipal and other regulated utilities in adversarial matters pending before the Georgia Public Service Commission and the Georgia Courts.
What Others Have to Say
2015 BTI Client Service All-Star “Cream of the Crop” for Complex Litigation - Frank was one of 120 litigators nationwide recognized by BTI for litigation, based solely upon interviews with in-house counsel. Under BTI standards, “[t]he only way to become a BTI Client Service All-Star is for corporate counsel to single out an attorney for client service exceeding all others. No attorney can lobby to be added to list, there is no self-submission process, and law firms cannot provide names of clients to be contacted.” Please click here for more information or to download the full report.
Chambers USA 2014 – ranking Bondurant, Mixson &Elmore LLP “Band One” for Georgia General Commercial Litigation and recognizing Frank Lowrey as a "standout lawyer who is well versed in complex commercial litigation issues."
Chambers USA 2013 – Interviewees were effusive in their assessment of Frank Lowrey’s litigation ability. Sources commend him for his confident and pragmatic approach to engagements. He is regarded as an "extraordinary lawyer who is superb at dealing with appellate cases."
Chambers USA 2012 – Frank Lowrey continues to be lauded as “an incredibly skilled antitrust lawyer.” Sources are quick to acknowledge that he is “extremely articulate, a really quick study, and one of the finest writers you will ever meet.”
“He is certainly one of the best that came before the Court in my 15 ½ years. I am very impressed with his ability to present, both in oral arguments and briefs. I know of no one who has done better work.” - Chief Justice, Retired, Supreme Court of Georgia
Recommended for antitrust litigation and general commercial litigation - Chambers USA
Top 100 Georgia Super Lawyers, Atlanta Magazine
Best Lawyers in America - Antitrust
Benchmark Litigation - Highly recommended in antitrust, class actions and complex litigation
- February 19, 2019Atlanta-Journal Constitution
- February 16, 2019Super Lawyers
- August 15, 2018
- May 8, 2018Chambers USA 2018
- February 21, 2018
- February 21, 2017Super Lawyers
- August 15, 2016The Best Lawyers in the USA
- February 19, 2016Super Lawyers
- August 18, 2015The Best Lawyers in the USA
- May 20, 2015Chambers USA 2015
- February 10, 2015
- August 18, 2014The Best Lawyers in the USA
- May 27, 2014Chambers USA 2014
- August 15, 2013The Best Lawyers in the USA
- May 28, 2013Chambers USA 2013
- February 21, 2013Super Lawyers
- November 27, 2012
- August 24, 2012The Best Lawyers in the USA
- August 9, 2012
- June 2012Chambers USA 2012
- February 21, 2012Super Lawyers
- Bondurant Mixson Wins 11th Circuit Appeal Upholding the Dismissal of Antitrust Claims Brought by the FTC in $195 Million Hospital AcquisitionDecember 12, 2011
- November 2011Best Lawyers
- Bondurant Mixson Obtains Dismissal of Antitrust Claims Brought by the FTC in $195 Million Hospital AcquisitionJune 2011
- June 2011Chambers USA 2011
- February 22, 2011Atlanta Magazine
- 2010Atlanta Magazine
- June 2010Chambers USA 2010
- 2010Best Lawyers
- March 11, 2008
- August 22, 2005Fulton County Daily Report
- Frank Lowrey and Michael Terry Successfully Obtain Reversal of Class Certification Before the Supreme Court of GeorgiaOctober 12, 2004Fulton County Daily Report
Emory University School of Law, J.D., 1992
- First Honor Graduate
- Myron Penn Laughlin Award for Best Student Law Review Comment
- Haynsworth Award for Excellence in Federal Practice and Jurisdiction
- Articles Editor, Emory Law Journal
- Order of the Coif
Emory University, B.A., 1989
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- Phi Beta Kappa
Law Clerk, Judge Stanley F. Birch, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, 1992-1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- State Bar of Georgia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan