Litigation Practice - Financial Institutions Litigation
“Stands out as the state’s top boutique firm.” – Benchmark Litigation
We work with banks, investment banks, investment advisers, insurance companies, mortgage lenders, hedge funds and other market participants to create positive outcomes in disputes involving financial transactions. Due to the increasingly complex financial regulatory environment, Bondurant Mixson's clients benefit from our lawyers' ability to present this complicated information in a manner that judges and juries can understand.
Our unique combination of courtroom experience and financial industry expertise is frequently called upon in cases involving securities, RICO, commodities, common law and other torts, breach of contract, insolvency and restructuring.
- Represented directors and officers of a publicly-traded financial services company defending claims by bondholders challenging payment of dividends as fraudulent transfers.
- Represented directors and officers of financial institution in defending multiple class action securities cases and cross-border insurance regulator lawsuits.
- Represented major supply chain management software corporation in a dispute with one of the largest banks in the United States over investment advice on an auction rate security.
- Represented several trusts in a dispute with one of the largest banks in the United States arising over the bank’s failure to comply with stoploss instructions.
- Represented major construction company in an auction rate securities claim against one of the largest banks in the United States.
- Represented TASER International, Inc. and 40 of its largest shareholders in a lawsuit alleging that eight Wall Street firms, including Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch and Morgan Stanley, engaged in naked short selling and illegal conversion and flex option trades that artificially depressed TASER's stock price. The case was resolved through a confidential settlement.