“Higher degree of skill, commitment,
dedication and professionalism than he had seen during his time on the bench.” – Federal Court Judge
We counsel and represent officers and directors, attorneys, law firms, accounting firms and judges in a wide range of professional liability issues, often involving significant damages and/or potentially severe reputational harm. Although these cases are often resolved before they go to trial, our strength in this area is enhanced by our proven abilities in the courtroom.
The firm has earned a reputation as “lawyers’ lawyers,” both for our discretion regarding sensitive issues and for the number of attorneys and firms we represent. We also serve on ethics and rule development committees, and have helped create the regulations and opinions that govern the professional ethics of Georgia attorneys.
- Successful defense of directors and officers of a Canadian multinational financial institution in litigation with a U.S. regulator alleging losses in excess of $1 billion.
- Successful defense of a prominent Atlanta law firm against professional liability claims.
- Successful defense of directors and officers in a series of putative class actions alleging securities and RICO violations and seeking amounts in excess of $500 million.
- Mediated resolution of claims against a prominent Atlanta law firm in a series of consolidated cases brought by more than 150 tax shelter investors (represented defendant; settlement amount confidential).
- Represented lawyers and judges in ethical inquiries by disciplinary authorities.
- Successful resolution of fraud and Georgia RICO claims against major accounting firm arising from tax advice (represented plaintiffs; settlement amount confidential).
- Provided consulting advice to law firms concerning ethics and law firm agreements.