Litigation Practice - Internal Investigations
“Intelligent, determined and creative lawyers” – Chambers
We are frequently called upon to represent companies in government investigations, qui tam litigation and internal investigations. Because we focus solely on litigation, we are able to serve as truly independent investigators, while our experience in complex disputes enables us to respond rapidly and effectively to potentially damaging situations.
Our experience includes working with companies and individuals designated as targets, subjects or fact witnesses in federal and state grand jury investigations and prosecutions. We also assist clients in the design and implementation of internal compliance programs that comport with federal sentencing guidelines.
- Represented the Chief Financial Officer of a publicly-traded company in an options backdating investigation.
- Conducted an internal investigation involving the CEO of a high-profile nonprofit corporation.
- Investigated alleged construction contracting fraud against the Fulton County School Board, resulting in recoveries of several million dollars.
- Represented numerous targets and witnesses in investigations by the Department of Justice and other governmental authorities.
- Represented a defendant in an eight-year battle against a False Claims Act relator, who attempted to amend the complaint several times. We defeated every attempted amendment and won the case in the Eleventh Circuit of Georgia, generating an important ruling that has since been followed in at least three other circuits.
- Represented a defendant accused of participating in a major theft ring, settling the the case on terms that were favorable to our client and re-establishing a business relationship between the defendant and the plaintiff company.
- October 8, 2013
- January 27, 2012
- October 6, 2010
- October 6, 2010
- March 19, 2008
- March 16, 2007
- March 2, 2007
- September 5, 2005