Litigation Practice - Antitrust
“This litigation boutique is a veritable powerhouse for contentious work. As a result, it excels in antitrust litigation. The team has considerable experience in both civil and criminal actions on a federal and state level.” – Chambers USA 2010
For over thirty years, the firm has stood at the forefront of antitrust litigation, representing companies and individuals in antitrust class actions, multi-district proceedings, federal and state criminal investigations and in civil and criminal trials. Our leadership in this area began with firm founder Emmet Bondurant, who was praised by Chambers USA as “far and away the best antitrust lawyer in the state of Georgia.” Chambers currently rates Bondurant, Mixson & Elmore as one of only four “Band One” antitrust litigation firms in Georgia, and rates our partner Frank Lowrey as one of only four Georgia “Band One” antitrust litigators. Best Lawyers in America recognized Frank as the 2020 “Lawyer of the Year” for antitrust litigation.
We have supported clients in antitrust litigation involving a wide range of industries, including airlines, building materials, hospitals, health care, insurance, manufacturing, energy, agricultural products, sports and financial services.
- Represented one of the world’s largest airlines in a variety of class action lawsuits filed around the country asserting claims under Sections 1 and 2 of the Sherman Act.
Represented one of the country’s largest tax preparation services in the defense of Sherman Act Section 1 and 2 claims.
Represented independent contractors in a Sherman Act Section 1 claim against the nation’s largest residential insulation contractor and the major manufacturers of fiberglass insulation.
Represented one of the country’s largest tire manufacturers in prosecuting antitrust and trademark claims against a tire “retreader.”
Represented a cigarette manufacturer in the defense of Sherman Act claims alleging price-fixing in the cigarette industry.
Represented a carpet manufacturer in conjunction with a criminal investigation of alleged price-fixing in the carpet manufacturing industries.
Represented a dairy in criminal and civil proceedings alleging bid-rigging in the sale of milk to elementary and secondary schools in Georgia.
Represented a seller of motorsports memorabilia in the defense of Sherman Act claims alleging price-fixing in the sale of souvenirs marketed at motorsports events.
- November 18, 2020Law.com
- August 15, 2019The Best Lawyers in America 2020
- May 14, 2019Chambers USA 2019
- May 8, 2018Chambers USA 2018
- August 9, 2012
- June 2012Chambers USA 2012
- Bondurant Mixson Wins 11th Circuit Appeal Upholding the Dismissal of Antitrust Claims Brought by the FTC in $195 Million Hospital AcquisitionDecember 12, 2011
- Bondurant Mixson Obtains Dismissal of Antitrust Claims Brought by the FTC in $195 Million Hospital AcquisitionJune 2011
- RICO State by State: A Guide to Litigation Under the State Racketeering StatutesAmerican Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law 2011 and 1998
- February 21, 2012
- December 2, 2011
- December 3, 2010
- November 13, 2008
- February 1, 2008