Jeff Bramlett has more than 30 years of experience solving complex business and civil rights enforcement problems through trial and appellate advocacy. He has served as lead trial counsel in jury and bench trials for clients ranging from Fortune 100 companies to prison inmates and homeless people.
Jeff has tried cases ranging from securities fraud, professional liability, business torts, trademark infringement and RICO to civil rights enforcement, personal injury and murder. He has extensive experience as an advocate in alternative dispute resolution processes and also serves as an ADR neutral. He is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers.
Jeff is frequently called upon to represent lawyers and their law firms in professional liability matters. He has significant experience in insurance coverage litigation and executive severance disputes. He often assists directors, officers, and special board committees with corporate governance disputes and has conducted special investigations. His extensive experience as lead plaintiffs’ counsel in class actions and as lead defense counsel in class actions gives him balance and perspective in resolving class cases.
Jeff has served in a variety of leadership positions including as a past president of the State Bar of Georgia and a past president of the Atlanta Bar Association.
Lead counsel for directors and officers of a publicly-traded financial services company defending claims by bondholders challenging payment of dividends as fraudulent transfers.
Lead counsel for former directors and officers of a publicly-traded health sciences company in shareholders’ class action alleging concealment of anticompetitive behavior and regulatory criticism to manipulate stock price.
Lead counsel for publicly-traded company and certain of its directors and officers in shareholders’ securities class action alleging concealment of payments in violation of Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
Lead counsel for special litigation board committee of publicly-traded company in investigation and resolution of shareholders’ derivative claims.
Lead counsel for privately-held company in trial of former officer’s claims to stock compensation.
Lead counsel defending directors and officers of financial institution in multiple class-action securities cases and cross-border insurance regulator lawsuits.
Lead counsel defending law firm in professional liability claims.
Co-lead counsel in prosecution of an employment discrimination class action that resulted in a historic $192.5 million settlement.
Co-lead counsel with Children’s Rights in prosecution of class action resulting in systemic reform of the State of Georgia’s dysfunctional foster care system and establishing that foster children have a right to counsel.
Past President, State Bar of Georgia
Past President, Atlanta Bar Association
Member and Past Chair, Business Courts Committee, State Bar of Georgia
Past Delegate, American Bar Association's House of Delegates
Member and Past Chair, Litigation Section, Atlanta Bar Association
Past Chair, Advisory Committee on Legislation, State Bar of Georgia
Past Chair, Client Security Fund, State Bar of Georgia
Member, American Bar Association
Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
Board Member, Georgia Appleseed
Past President, American Civil Liberties Union of Georgia
Former National Board Member, American Civil Liberties Union
Past Chair, Georgia's American Constitution Society
Master Bencher, Lamar Inn of Court
Honors and Awards
Leading Lawyer for Business, Chambers USA
Honored by Best Lawyers in America
Georgia Trend’s “Legal Elite”
Top 100 Georgia Super Lawyers, Atlanta Magazine
Georgia Local Litigation Star, Benchmark Plaintiff 2012
Elbert P. Tuttle Jurisprudence Award, Anti-Defamation League
Charles E. Watkins Award for distinguished and sustained service to the Bar, Atlanta Bar Association, 2006
Harold C. Clarke Professionalism Award, Atlanta Bar Association, 2002
Named Best Lawyers’ 2013 Atlanta Banking and Finance Lawyer of the Year
- August 15, 2016The Best Lawyers in the USA
- February 19, 2016Super Lawyers
- August 18, 2015The Best Lawyers in the USA
- May 20, 2015Chambers USA 2015
- August 18, 2014The Best Lawyers in the USA
- May 27, 2014Chambers USA 2014
- August 15, 2013The Best Lawyers in the USA
- May 28, 2013Chambers USA 2013
- February 21, 2013Super Lawyers
- Jeff Bramlett Receives the Outstanding Leadership in the Public Interest Award (Emory University Law School)February 5, 2013
- November 27, 2012
- October 23, 2012
- August 24, 2012The Best Lawyers in the USA
- June 2012Chambers USA 2012
- February 21, 2012Super Lawyers
- January 4, 2012
- November 2011Best Lawyers
- June 2011Chambers USA 2011
- February 24, 2011
- February 22, 2011Atlanta Magazine
- State Bar of Georgia Honors Bramlett, Elmore for Leadership in Establishment of Military Legal Assistance ProgramJanuary 26, 2011
- 2010Atlanta Magazine
- June 2010Chambers USA 2010
- 2010Best Lawyers
- 2010Best Lawyers
University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 1980
- Member and Notes Editor, Texas Law Review
University of Maryland, B.A., 1975
Law Clerk, Judge Jerre S. Williams, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 1980-1981
Legislative Aide, Hon. Bob Eckhardt, U.S.House of Representatives, 1974-1977
- State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee